Friday, May 14, 2010

Catching Up!

I have officially concluded my first year as a college student!

Now I will have the full-time job of perfecting all parts of competition before Miss New York at the end of June. I will be taking a short trip to Texas tomorrow and while I'm there, will be picking up my evening gown!! I can't wait to try it on again and I want to thank Ashley and Jennifer from Lenz Boutique for their help in finding the perfect gown. Check out their website

Claire, Keelie and I had an amazing photo shoot by the Brooklyn Bridge and Times Square with Bianca Thomas. It was a blast and got a little crazy when tourists began to swarm and request their own pictures, but hey, that's all a part of the job!


I'm in the midst of getting in contact with my local representative and Governor David Paterson about Senate Bill No.S 1925-2003, the pending anti-bullying bill. When I return to New York I plan on making a visit to their offices to hopefully figure out who I need to contact.
In other news:
Congratulations to the state of Wisconsin for being the 43rd state to pass an anti-bullying law!


According to bullypolice.org they are still waiting for "Michigan and New York to FINALLY get their law".

No comments:

Post a Comment