Thursday, June 3, 2010

As I was completing my daily routine this morning of Regis & Kelly while reading through msn news, I decided to take a break to watch Demi Lovato's interview. I've listened to some of her music and thought she was very talented, but I didn't know much about her, aside from being a Disney Channel kid and coming from my home state of Texas. I was surprised to learn she had been bullied as a child, and from that experience has partnered with teensagainstbullying.org as a spokesperson. I checked out the website and it is actually a great resource for kids and parents. It has videos of victims speaking about their experiences, links to other anti-bullying websites, and much more, presented in a teen- friendly package.


When news hit of Phoebe Prince's death, the 15-year-old who committed suicide after being bullied, Lovato recorded a PSA on her Myspace Account telling everyone how important this issue is and where to get help. As an advocate and one time victim, I'm very impressed that Demi Lovato takes time to help those who are dealing with this issue. That is what I call a positive role model and a celebrity working to make a difference. Please check out the website to learn more about the organization.

No comments:

Post a Comment