Wednesday, April 7, 2010

A brand new year, a brand new title!




It was a long day I have to say, but well worth it! I was crowned Miss Liberty 2010 along side two good friends Claire Buffie, Miss Southeast New York 2010 and Keelie Sheridan, Miss Greater NYC 2010.

It has been a whirlwind since, preparing for state and creating opportunities to work more on my platform. For those who do not know, my platform is Take A Stand: Standing Up Against Bullying. It is an issue I am passionate about and have personal experience with. Currently New York has not passed any anti-bullying legislation to have a set program in schools and I want to help change that! I will link several websites for those wanting to learn more about the topic and programs that are working hard to eliminate it.

I cannot believe in a few short months I will be competing for the title of Miss New York! I am so excited to be a part of the Miss America Organization and all of the wonderful things they stand for. It is going to be a fabulous year!

No comments:

Post a Comment